Laini Taylor: Daughter of Smoke and Bone (Daughter of Smoke and Bone, #1)
5/5

Around the world, black handprints are appearing on doorways, scorched there by winged strangers who have crept through a slit in the sky.

In a dark and dusty shop, a devil’s supply of human teeth grown dangerously low.

And in the tangled lanes of Prague, a young art student is about to be caught up in a brutal otherwordly war.

Meet Karou. She fills her sketchbooks with monsters that may or may not be real, she’s prone to disappearing on mysterious "errands", she speaks many languages - not all of them human - and her bright blue hair actually grows out of her head that color. Who is she? That is the question that haunts her, and she’s about to find out.

When beautiful, haunted Akiva fixes fiery eyes on her in an alley in Marrakesh, the result is blood and starlight, secrets unveiled, and a star-crossed love whose roots drink deep of a violent past. But will Karou live to regret learning the truth about herself?


----
Once upon a time,
an angel and a devil fell in love.

It did not end well.
 

This is (again) one of those books that have been haunting be in labrary for ages and I finally picked it up and loaned it. I've been meaning to read it before, but somehow I always put it off. But yeah, finally it's read. And oh boy, I loved it. It was so much better than I expected. It wasn't at all what I thought it would be. It was amazing. The synopsis doesn't do justice to this book, it doesn't tell anything. I think it's pretty misleading. It makes sense after you read this book, but I think it's not that appealing. I only picked this up, 'cos I got tired to looking at in the library everytime is went there. But I'm really glad that I read it. Really, really glad. Amazing start to this series!

This was my second book that took place Prague recently and the city seems great. And as mentioned in my last review, now it's in my "must visit"-list.

This book was so ometional and overwhelming and everything, that it's so hard to say anything about it. I loved it. It sums it up pretty good. But that's not a proper review, so I need to write something that tells little bit more.

We have a tendancy with YA books to have stories that have super happy couples and happy endings where everything works out and everything is just kisses and butterflies and stuff. Not in this book. This book is pretty dark and Karou's and Akiva's lovestory is really tragic. Kind of like Romeo and Juliet mated with YA paranormal romance. It was powerful and heartbreaking and... I don't know. I really can't wait to read more. This book was so unique and extraordinary and the world behind it is great. I love it and I love everything about this book.