(TTT is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish)
 
I have read a lot of books where the world is something just awful. Something I'd never want to live in. Especially dystopian book have often worlds that are pretty ruthless and I'm not sure that I would be cut out for that. So here's my list.
 

Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In

 
1. Suzanne Collins: Hunger Games
Don't get me wrong. I love this series. But the government and districts and the reapings and stuff. No thanks, not for me. I'm perfectly happy loving it from afar.
 
2. Veronica Roth: Divergent
Pretty much the same as before. And I don't want to spoil too much, but the last book. Ok, I haven't finished it, so I don't exactly know what happens in the end, but that whole world is little too much like Truman Show to me. Just awful, I don't want to be some kind of labrat. And there are of course a lot of things that are just too messed up.
 
3. Erica Stevens: The Captive
World where vampires are ruling race and humans are just bloodslaves or rebels living in woods or caves etc. No thanks. I love vampires, but I don't want to just a bloodbag.
 
4. J.A.London: Darkness Before Dawn
Same here. Vampires rules, humans are "bloodslaves". I'd never want to human in this world.
 
5. Julie Kagawa: Blood of Eden
This falls into same category too. Humans as blood cattle living in walled-in city. Nowhere is safe. Not for me, thanks
 
6. Teri Terry: Slated
A world where teenagers get their mind and memory wiped when they do something wrong. They get a second chance to be good citizens, but they also have this device that controls their emotions. That sounds really scary.
 
7. Justin Cronin: The Passage
"Dr. Strangelove goes to South America to find the cure for death and instead turns it loose. You can always count on your military brass for that sort of screw up." Read that from someone's review and it really sums everything up pretty nicely.
 
8. Bethany Griffin: Masque of the Red Death
"A devastating plague has decimated the population, and those who are left live in fear of catching it as the city crumbles around them." I think that says it all.
 
9. Suzanne Winnaker: The Other Life
"3 years, 1 month, 1 week and 6 days since I’d seen daylight. One-fifth of my life. 98,409,602 seconds since the heavy, steel door had fallen shut and sealed us off from the world."
Zombies... Thank you, but no thank you.
 
10. Lauren Oliver: Delirium
World where love is forbidden. That sounds really, really empty and meaningless. No thanks.
 
I liked (or even loved) all of those books, but I'd never want to live in them. I like my BigMac and laptop and electricity and freedom, so big no-no for all these.
 
------
 
But hey, I have also some exciting news.
 
Next week we have a visitor. Author Rasheedah Prioleau will tell us her Top Ten Books That Will Make You Cry as part of her book tour for her upcoming book American Specter that will be published also the same day, Feb. 4th. I will also post my review next week, so stay tuned.